Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are You a Hunter or a Huntard?

The Story

It was almost six months ago when I heard this term come out of nowhere: "huntard". I stop and chuckle at the word even to this day. "Hunter" mixed with "retard." So simple to piece together and yet I didn't think it could match up to anyone. Boy was I wrong.

I had been recruited while looking for group to do some heroics. Upon arrival in Hellfire Peninsula, I was told our mission was Shattered Halls. If there were some way to sigh and vomit at the same time, I likely would have done it. Mobs in Shattered Halls resist being trapped moreso than anything else I've seen in this game; even worse, I'd just spec'd out of my "oh my god" button that would let me have all my cooldowns back instantly. On a positive note, I still had a reduced timer on my traps due to my gear. [Click here to see]

Before I even accept the invite, the first question I'm asked is "Do you know how to trap?" The only response I can come up with is "Of course." What kind of question is that? Yes, I'm a hunter. Of course I know how to trap! Regardless, I jump through the instance portal and we burn through it with the usual results- traps break early or are fully resisted, succubus has the same problem. We survived, the bosses died, and we looted their corpses. The tank tells me at the end: "That last huntard we had couldn't trap worth a $%^@!"

1 comment:

Lord Bohemi said...

Haha, thank you for yout post. I was actually wondering why ppl used huntard instead of hunter and then I found your blog. Pretty useful.

PD: I suspected of the "retard" part of the word, but I couldn't believe it. XD